Get to the end of as many mazes as possible, scoring as many points as you can along the way. Oh, and you only have sixty seconds to do so.
You'll encounter ★ yellow stars and ★ blue stars.
Finishing a maze gives you five points.
Using the mouse (or touchscreen), simply drag the cursor (the small brown circle) through the maze. You can also tap on the adjacent highlighted squares to move to them. (This is particularly handy on the 3D and 4D levels, in order to navigate the stairs/portals.)
Using the keyboard is slower, but easier if you don't have a
mouse or touchscreen. Here,
is your friend.
keys move the cursor (respectively) up and down, and
move you left and right.
On the 3D and 4D levels,
k move you vertically between
k move you horizontally.
ijkl keys will only work
when you are positioned on one of the red pointers.)
Mazoo is a maze game. The goal is to traverse as many mazes as you can, as quickly as you can, accumulating as many points as possible along the way.
The mazes are generated using the Growing Tree algorithm, choosing the last cell 75% of the time, and the most heavily weighted cell the other 25% of the time.
If you're curious about the implementation, the source code for Mazoo! is available on GitHub, here:
I've written a book, "Mazes for Programmers", which goes into the topic at great length, and includes projects and source code and all kinds of fascinating things!
I also wrote a series of articles on the topic of random mazes a few years ago. They are summarized here:
My name is Jamis Buck. I check my email sometimes, at [email protected]. I'm @jamis on Twitter, and you can find my code on GitHub as jamis.
Mazoo! by Jamis Buck is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Drag the cursor (the small brown circle) through the maze, using the mouse (or your finger, on a touchscreen). Collect yellow stars for points, and blue stars for extra time. You have sixty seconds!
On the keyboard, use
move the cursor, and
move between levels (when positioned on a square with red
arrows—only on 3D and 4D mazes).
You reached stage ? on ? mode, and got a total of ? points!